This is the FINAL day of the “31 Days of Healthy Living” series.
It sure was fun while it lasted.
The 31 Days of Healthy Living, that is.
Not that it ever stops! I have plenty more recipes, tips, suggestions (and YES, giveaways!) up my sleeve.
But for now, here’s the very massive 31 Days of Healthy Living summary…
1. Eat a moderate amount of healthy fats (i.e., walnuts, salmon, crushed flax seed, etc.)
2. Go vegetarian once or twice (or more!) a week.
3. Eat more fiber.
4. Get active.
5. Learn how to make healthy eating more affordable.
6. Take some “me time” to take care of yourself.
7. Find balance in your life…and room for the occasional cupcake.
8. Find some healthy, “quick and easy” alternatives to fast food, when life gets busy.
9. Make a list of your favorite healthy foods and keep them always in stock.
10. Learn to love yourself.
11. Snack on fiber and protein rich garbanzo beans.
12. Enjoy a cup of health benefits.
13. Cut back on (added) sugars.
14. Make a batch of beer baked beans.
15. Find what motivates you to stay active and eat right, and remind yourself of this often.
16. If you enjoy red meat, learn how to choose the leanest cuts and how to incorporate these into your healthy living plan.
17. Don’t be scared to cook with good-for-you tempeh (and tofu.)
18. Learn how to handle stress (without turning to food.)
19. Stuff a squash.
20. Add some extra vegetables to whatever you make (i.e., make a healthier chicken stew.)
21. Get creative with vegetable appetizers and mains…spring rolls, anyone?
22. Learn how to eat for optimum bone health.
23. Make vegetables the base of your food pyramid.
24. Expand your healthy cookbook horizons.
25. Learn how to make a vegetable soup out of anything you have left in your refrigerator.
26. Don’t ever let yourself get ravenous. (And snack well.)
27. Turn tofu into something extraordinary (and never divulge your secret ingredient!)
28. Learn how to eat healthy while dining out.
29. Turn heart healthy oats into something extraordinary.
30. Fall in love with legumes.
31. Never stop having fun.
With your kitchen.
In your running sneakers.
With your life.
QUESTION: What is your #1 healthy living tip/strategy/ idea/thought/motto, etc?