When it comes to exercise…when it comes to ANY sort of physical activity, really…I am a creature of habit.
Which is why–for the month of September–I came up with some new goals. I’ll discuss each along the way, but one of my most important ones (for me, anyways) is to find new (fun!) ways to be active.
Friday, that meant dancing the night away at my friend’s wedding.
Have you ever seen me dance to 80’s music? Or the twist? Yeah. It’s pretty insane. AND it’s a great workout.
Yesterday, I decided to throw my helmet on and do something different than my typical long, Saturday run.
Dad offered ice cream at the ice cream barn up the street.
Which was the perfect opportunity for a nice long bike ride. We both pedaled our way there and back, over some of the most ridiculous hills (mountains?!?)
I had a simple salad.
And a simple slice of veggie pizza.
Because it was already 7:00 by this point.
And I felt so energetic with all the newness going on, that sticking to something simple seemed like the best idea at the time. 😉
Quick and Easy Pizza
This pizza is for when you’re in a rush and can’t wait for rise time. Or for any time when you want a quick pizza fix. Enjoy!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2-1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- additional toppings: favorite sauce (I use canned tomato sauce with lots of garlic powder, fresh basil and oregano added in), cheese and veggies of your choice
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients until stiff ball forms. Let rest about 5 minutes.
- Spread dough out on sprayed cookie sheet. Add sauce, cheese and veggies.
- Cook at 425 for 18 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
QUESTION: Do you stay active in a lot of different ways? What are some of your favorites? I have a hard time doing anything but walking, running and occasionally yoga. I’m excited for September’s goals! 😀